BGC BRANTFORD is a leading youth-serving organization providing quality after school and out-of-school programs during critical periods of child development.
Our more than 50 years of service has been dedicated to improving the lives of children, youth and their families in the Brantford area and surround communities.
Who We Serve - 2019/2020 Program Season
- 846 families are involved in our programs and services
- 1,506 active children and youth participate in programs
- 15% are 5 years and under
- 40% of children served are between the ages of 6 and 9 years
- 17% of children engaged in programs are 10 to 12 years of age
- 28% are 11+ years of age
- 42% of our families are considered low-income or at the poverty level
- 45% of our members come from single parent homes
- 18% of Club Members' Membership Fees are subsided 100%
- 71% of children/youth attending evening recreation programs are transported to/from the Club
- 27,254 snacks are provided annually
- 6,531 meals are provided annually
- 198 high-risk youth supported by the Youth Mentorship Program